The health benefits of Lavender essential oil include its ability to eliminate nervous tension, relieve pain, disinfect the scalp and skin, enhance blood circulation and treat respiratory problems. Lavender oil is extracted mostly from the flowers of the Lavender plant, primarily through steam distillation.
A common recommendation for insomnia is Lavender essential oil. If you apply 1-2 drops of Lavender on your feet just before bedtime you could sleep like a baby. FYI - if you add Lemon onto feet after Lavender you’ll sleep even better. Lavender helps you go to sleep but Lemon helps keep you asleep. 1-2 drops on a kids pillow can put them out for the night.
Lavender’s calming scent which makes it excellent for anxiety issues. Therefore, it can also be helpful in treating migraines, headaches, depression, nervous tension and emotional stress. The refreshing aroma removes nervous exhaustion and restlessness while also increasing mental activity.
Some common uses for Lavender are: acne, allergies, antihistamine, anxiety, balance the body, bronchitis, bruises, burns, calming, cardiovascular health, cuts, dandruff, earaches, eczema, hay fever, headaches, hives, insect bites, insomnia, laryngitis, leg cramps, lymphatic drainage, increase mental clarity, nausea, neuropathy, psoriasis, rashes, scars, skin irritation, stretch marks, and sunburns
· Take the Bite Out of It. Insects, creepies and crawlies are not too fond of the smell of Lavender. In fact, they hate it. If you forget to go the prevention route, Lavender soothes bites, itching and inflammation.
· The Oatmeal Secret. Fill a baby food jar with oatmeal, and add 5-8 drops of Lavender oil. When it’s time to wash your face, add water and it becomes an excellent natural scrub! A little goes a long way.
· Minor Burns, Major Relief. When you’ve slightly overdone it in the sun, a little Lavender oil is helpful in preventing peeling skin. It aids in your skin’s healing without scarring as well!
· Boo Boo Relief. Lavender has disinfecting properties. It’s great for the skin, and wonderful for relief from cuts and scrapes, especially if the cut or scrape is located wherever it’s difficult to keep covered.
· Alleviate Feelings of Earaches. You can warm Lavender (don’t scald it), mix with olive oil and gently massage around the ears (not in the ears) and near glands in the throat.
· A Dry Climate Answer. If you suffer from dry, itchy skin, and don’t want to mess around with chemical smelling lotions, add Lavender to fractionated coconut oil and comfort will be yours!
· Allergies, Sinuses & Congestion Oh My! Lavender can calm down unruly sinus issues, defiant allergies and other respiratory issues. Just apply on the back of your neck, chest, and between your eyes.
· Soak Away Stress. Your muscles are tight. Anxiety and deadlines are eating at you. Your heart is racing. Where’s the pressure release valve? Right here, with Lavender. Add to a warm bath, soak it in, soothe.